At Bread and Butter Kitchen, we LOVE food and we love sharing our passion with our customers. Stop by our cafe to grab some breakfast or lunch or grab a meal to go. We source nearly everything locally and directly from the farmers and vendors who produce the beautiful ingredients we feature in our dishes. We want to share our love of good food and good ingredients with you and hopefully make meal time easier for you and your family.
Fresh Food, Fast
- We make nearly everything from scratch.
- Grab a wrap or salad from our fridge or order from the menu.
- Choose from a variety of meals and snacks, including kid-friendly, vegetarian, and gluten free
- We work with local farmers and vendors to select the very best ingredients
- Weekly specials feature seasonal, fresh ingredients
- Know what you're eating and where it's from
Visit Our Cafe
- Location: 303 Second Street, Suite A, Annapolis, MD 21403
- Hours: 7:30 AM - 3:00 PM
- Phone: 410-202-8680
After losing her job in 2012, Monica Alvarado took a brief sabbatical from the corporate world. It was during this time that she rediscovered her passion for cooking and began a blog that was focused on making delicious food using local ingredients. The blog provided an outlet for her to share her recipes, as well as interview local farmers and vendors in the Annapolis area. Over time, she realized that the time she spent in the kitchen was far more fulfilling than the time she spent in boardrooms.
A reformed corporate rock star, Monica left her 22 year career in technology in 2016 to start Bread and Butter Kitchen with the vision of sharing her passion for making amazing food that celebrates local ingredients. Monica works closely with local farmers and vendors to source the best ingredients available. She and her amazing team serve up great food 7 days a week at the cafe. Swing in for breakfast or lunch and be sure to say hello.